The following information is collected from our service division managers along with various industry resources and gives a generalized scope of what has been going on this past week in freight transportation.
The national average price of diesel fuel is $3.339 per gallon for the week of 8/30/2021.
- CSX East North Carolina terminal will be opening in October.
- NS is 75% complete with the repairs on their recalled chassis. They also should have 1100 leased chassis in their network in mid-September.
- Peak season has come early this year.
Less than Truckload
- We are seeing less delays with pickup and delivery so we are hoping this remains consistent. Capacity is still an issue in general though, so we continue to give advanced notice to customers and push towards guarantee or expedite options if necessary.
Over the Road
- Dry van carriers should prepare for shifting freight demands – “Prepare for freight to shift a bit away from retail and back towards manufacturers as consumer spending begins the shift away from retail and back to services.”