The spirit of entrepreneurship is alive and kicking in Western Pennsylvania and West Virginia — and we couldn’t be happier to be a part of all the action!
Kristy Knichel, CEO of Knichel Logistics, was recently announced as a finalist in the Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2017 Western Pennsylvania and West Virginia Awards program. As the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs, Entrepreneur Of The Year® has been at the forefront of identifying game‑changing business leaders for more than 31 years. The program has honored the inspirational leadership of such entrepreneurs as Howard Schultz of Starbucks Coffee Company, John Mackey of Whole Foods Market Inc., Pierre Omidyar of eBay, Inc., Reid Hoffman and Jeff Weiner of LinkedIn Corporation and Mindy Grossman of HSN, Inc. We’re honored to have Kristy recognized among so many other notable business luminaries in Western Pennsylvania and West Virginia. Prior winners from Western Pennsylvania and West Virginia include MSA, Duolingo, Mascaro Construction Company, Confluence and more. Western Pennsylvania and West Virginia award recipients are announced at a black‑tie gala held on June 16, 2017 at the Wyndham Grand Downtown Pittsburgh Hotel, Pittsburgh, PA. Best of luck on June 16th, Kristy!! Keep pushing that 3PL value proposition, you logistics entrepreneur!
Learn more about the Western Pennsylvania and West Virginia program and follow our journey to the awards!
Interesting Information About the Entrepreneur Of The Year® Award:
- The Entrepreneur Of The Year® Program takes place in more than 145 cities in 60 countries around the world.
- Past leaders have disrupted industries, created new product categories and successfully brought new innovation and technology to traditional industries.
- The program makes a difference by encouraging entrepreneurial activity among those with potential and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement.
- The Entrepreneur Of The Year program recognizes entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellent and extraordinary success in areas such as financial performance, innovation and commitment to their businesses and communities.
- Entrepreneur Of The Year is the only competitive awards program in the world for entrepreneurs and leaders of high‑growth companies.
- The independent judging panel includes previous award winners, leading CEOs, private equity and venture capital investors, and other regional business luminaries.
- Regional award winners are eligible for the Entrepreneur Of The Year National Awards in Palm Springs, California, on November 18, 2017.
- The US overall award winner will go on to compete for the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year™ Award in Monaco in June 2018.